Humility

"Humility is perpetual quietness of heart. It is to have no trouble. It is never to be fretted or vexed, or irritable.......
to wonder at nothing that is done to me....to feel nothing that is done against me.
It is to be at rest when nobody praises me or when I am blamed or despised.
It is to have a blessed home in myself where I can go in and shut the door
and kneel to my Creator and Sustainer in secret and be at peace,
as in a deep sea of calmness, when all around  is seeming trouble."

10 comments:

  1. Inspiring post...have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To wonder at nothing, to feel nothing?

    Sounds like being numb to me, :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Surjithji,
    Good Morning!
    I can relate so well with the thought!I want to shut the door and be inside!
    Hope peace prevails1:)
    Wishing you a beautiful day ahead,
    Sasneham,
    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks May for your appreciation.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this type of numbness pays..
    Thanks for sharing your insights.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Anupama Ji for sharing your honest feelings.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well then, if this is humility, I have a long long way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are not alone Latha Nair.Most of us are sailing in the same boat.
    Thanks for sharing your honest views.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. simply beautiful, so much true in those words, thank you for sharing those valuable jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Shine for your words of appreciation.Seen you after a long time.I hope every thing is well.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete