Arguments

1. To disagree is one thing; to be disagreeable is another.
2. It will do no good to argue if you're in the wrong, & if you're right--you don't need to.
3. The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you'll have.
4. The weaker the argument, the stronger the words.
5. Sometimes when you're arguing with a fool, he's doing the same thing.
6. An argument produces plenty of heat, but not much light.

7. In an argument the best weapon to hold is your tongue.
8. Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument is an exchange of ignorance.


9. An argument is a collision in which two trains of thought are derailed.
10. If you must argue, the best way to win is to start by being right.
11. Don't argue at the dinner table. The one who is not hungry always wins the argument.
12. When an argument flares up, the wise man quenches it with silence.
13. It is a rare thing to win an argument & the other fellow's respect at the
14. Argument is the worst sort of conversation.
15. The only people who really listen to an argument are the neighbours
.
g g g

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant thoughts! I have no words to compare them or select the best out of these, each one is worth its weight in gold.
    Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad Amritbir Kaur ji that you have liked my post.
    Thanks and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is great - I'd like to borrow it to post on my blog - I am always discussing the foolhardiness of being caught up in being right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Finola, to my blog and thanks for sharing your insights.
    Have a nice week end.
    God bless.

    (I could not get access to your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Surjit, I hope you're doing well. I just wanted to greet you and your family Happy Holidays and Blessed new year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sooooo much Sophiagurl, for your good wishes.I am fine.
    I wish you and your family Happy Christmas and New year.
    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice posting. Do you know about this edition of the Gita?

    http://www.YogaVidya.com/gita.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Brian, for your words of appreciation.I shall surely visit the web site you have mentioned.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Respected and my dear Surjit ji,
    Thought provoking and beautiful!!
    All theses words carry so much of weight and in each of them lies hidden the secret door to Peace and happiness...We only need to open it!!
    Thank you so much for sharing this post Surjit ji, It always so much of joy to my heart to find wisdom spread all over your wonderful blog:))
    Hope you are doing fine dear one.
    Sending you my love and sincere prayers.
    God bLess you always:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks you so dear Krishna Ji, for your good wishes.I really value your association.
    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete