Spiritual Currency

What's the difference between spiritual currency and the standard issue ?
Both are the same "stuff" of life... both are the basic units of awareness, the software behind our thoughts, wants, and actions.
But one type diminishes the ego makeup; the other reinforces it. The price for converting one to the other is called purification in many spiritual traditions.
It goes further than conversion..........eventually all of our baggage gets thrown overboard, the good as well as the bad....
As the deck gets cleared we are left with less distractions. We are left with more awareness of and more attraction to the Oneness of the Beloved One
.

Spiritual currency is a means of payment that's very costly to our ego..
The exchange rate varies according to how much (of limits and bindings) we're able to throw overboard.

Less really can become more.
One unique feature: this "cash in hand"(Spiritual Currency) can't be stolen or counterfeited. Each one's account is as unique as their own fingerprints.
Its purpose and value is simply this: to get on track to the Real Treasure, the inheritance we are all due. Then nothing is lacking.............
and all(other) currency becomes meaningless.
Excerpts from: http://awakeningsense.typepad.com/

g g g

16 comments:

  1. Oh Surjit, what a wonderful post. I am learning. I remember Stephen R Covey's Bank Of Love, we deposit love now for daily requirements tomorrow and beyond. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my friend Zubli Zainordin, for sharing noble insights:
    ..'we deposit love now for daily requirements tomorrow and beyond...'
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh surjit,
    What a wonderful way to describe this.

    And as you know me well...you also know that I struggle with my ego.

    But, through much prayer and meditation I believe that I am improving.

    I now spend several times a day not only in prayer but in Quiet time.

    And I am receving so many answers and so many blessings.

    The Lord has always been most patient with me. For this I am very grateful.

    I shall continue on with my quest to complete humility. This is among my daily prayers.
    God Bless You,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep thinking on this Spiritual Currency, and while resting at home, I proceed into a deep thinking, than boom, suddenly I saw, that this can be enjoyed by an individual to cover the 7 micro life areas, 7 macro life areas, and 7 meta life areas, using the 7 steps of total success. I can already share this in the next training session I shall be conducting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shinade, you are on the right path.
    I am sure, with your deep knowledge and insights,you will attain your goal.May God be with you always.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zubli Zianordin, thanks for adding your insights to my post making it more meaningful.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, your posts make me reflect on my own life. What am I pursuing? Materialism or spirituality? It makes me think of a quote I once heard by Mahatma Gandhi:
    "Increase of material comforts, it may be generally laid down, does not in any way whatsoevereth conduce to moral growth."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, you are right in saying that material things can give us comforts only and not real happiness.
    Thanks for sharing your insights.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Satnam Shri Waheguru

    http://www.aanchall.blogpost.com

    http://www.spirituallzone.blogpost.com


    http://www.realitywave.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Noopur,
    Satnam Shri Waheguru.
    Thanks for your visit.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi surjit..informative post..your post is making me to think..currently i m also deeply thinking on spiritual life..
    thx for the wonderful post. hv a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Anits, for your words of appreciation.It is good that you have started exploring spirituality.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely post, Surjit. I always love what you share with us.

    Blessings!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Rebecca, for your encouraging words.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, a fine work, excellent in fact! so true, so true... I have so much I could say but I refrain... thank you for reminding everyone of this profound wealth... blessings and peace :)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are welcome Lynda.Thanks for your words of appreciation.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete