Peace


My philosopher friend,Jennifer of http://goodnessgraciousness.blogspot.com/
has asked her readers to write on...:I Hold The Vision On Peace...: So I express my opinion as follows:

As we all know that every human being is made of three basic elements: Body,Mind and Soul.
Until all these elements are properly taken care of, it is not possible to envisage peace in the society.
Body: To maintain our bodies we require provision of security of food.No body should remain under nourished or starved.No starvation deaths should take place.
To keep ourselves healthy, provision of medical facilities should be available for all.

Mind: Education plays a vital role in developing our minds. So provision of education for all should be there. Education must be not only of professional/job oriented but should also be of character building.
And the need for Financial Security can not be underestimated.Every body should have equal opportunities to make his/her living.

Soul:This is also a very important area which cannot be ignored.If we have made provision for
financial security,health,education etc, but our souls remain undernourished or starved, peace in the society can not be seen.
*
"For what doth it profit a man if he gain the whole world and suffer the loss of his own soul"
*
Food for the soul is religion,spirituality etc.Religion teaches us to love all human beings and treat them as one, to be compassionate and considerate with every one.Once these qualities are ingrained in our souls,they will lead us to non violence. Wars and Crimes in the society will, therefore, have no place, and we hope to have Peace in this world.

llllllllll

14 comments:

  1. when all three - mind, body and soul is in balance, a person can love others without prejudice, be creative and be a blessing to other people. nice post Surjit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sophiagurl,you are right in saying.....
    'when all three - mind, body and soul is in balance, a person can love others without prejudice..'

    Thanks for sharing your words of wisdom.My best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Surjit!Nice to hear from you again.Thanks for your compliment.I liked your vision on mind,body and soul.That's an eye-opener.Those on suffering and tranquility are great too!I always keep coming back to your blog for posts like these.Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Priyanka,for your motivating and nice words.I value your continuous participation and support.
    My best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surjit;
    I agree with the analogy but I also believe that one has to believe that we all see these things differently. We need to respect those differences in others. Then we will all be truly peaceful. As always, thank you for a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't that an awesome idea of hers, Surjit ??? I love doing it, and several people joined it, which is very cool !
    Peace in all three areas - may it be so for all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Beth, for sharing your insightful views.My best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Loving Annie, for your encouraging comments and support.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my friend Surjit,

    Thank you for this beautiful post and for joining with me on this idea.

    I think the more thoughtful, enlightened, mindful, loving, and wise people share their vision with the world, the more we will see what is possible and what a truly loving world looks like!

    I so deeply value your insights and light!

    Thank you so much Surjit!

    Warmest wishes,

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jennifer,for your nice words.My best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes surjit once again you have provided us with yet another keen insight into life. And, yes this was a wonderful idea. I have taken this week-end off to spend some time refueling and also to contribute to this project as promised to Jennifer. As usual I am running behind. I am always the turtle in the race. Thank you for your support in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Moondanzer, for your nice and motivating comments.I am grateful to for your support.
    My best wishes.Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Surjit,
    You had rightly said..
    "every human being is made of three basic elements: Body,Mind and Soul.
    Until all these elements are properly taken care of, it is not possible to envisage peace in the society."

    Thanks for the thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Sam Chan, for your nice and motivating words.Your meaningful particpation is a continuous source of inspiration for me.
    My best wishes.

    ReplyDelete