Ice-olation


"We're all of us sentenced to solitary confinement inside our skins, for life"

"It is an established fact that all of us wish to remain happy and want to lead our lives peacefully. But still we feel miserable most of the time.This is because we remain too much in the self. We can be either in the existence or in the self.Both are not possible together.To be in the self means to be apart or to be separate and draw boundaries around us.To be separate means to make a distinction between 'what I am' and 'what I am not' i.e. the self isolates. It makes us frozen.We are no longer flowing. We have, therefore, become ice cubes. We do not have warmth and afraid of love. On the other hand, if we think that we are all part of of this whole universe and identify with it,then warmth(of love) comes to us , we start melting and the boundaries of separateness disappear. We become happy and joyful."


"Love creates an "us" without destroying "me".
lllll

12 comments:

  1. Very true and apt. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mona, for your nice words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opening yourself up to another person, new things and exploring boundaries are a few of the most important things you have to do in your life. Although it makes you vulnerable, it will improve your life in the long run. Nice post Surjit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Thaleia,for contibuting your valuable views to my post.Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. always inpsiring Surjit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Surjit...

    I love the imagry of the ice cube. Very fitting. Cold, hard, solid, afraid, uninviting, bitter, unwelcoming... yet warmth draws us in, invites us to calm!

    Very nice thoughts!

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually disagree with you but I do here. My experience is that you need to have a balance of the two and if you achieve this both feel right. There is much to be gained by going inside and there is much to be gained from connecting with those outside. I feel happy and joyful in both places for different reasons. We think we are alone in our skin but the truth is we are not. If you feel unhappy in one place or the other then it would suggest that you are out of balance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Tisha,for your kind words.Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am grateful to you,jennifer,for adding your insightful views to my post.My best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Desiree, for sharing your valuable experiences with us.You are right when you say that balance has to be maintained.My best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too, liked the ice cube concept, that is so true, and, while we do need balance, true, some people who are so introverted, do not know how to find that balance, and, so, they would be wise to melt the cube... nice analogy...great post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Lyn, I aree with with you that we do need to maintain a balance in life.Thanks for adding your valuable views to my post.Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete