Mind Your 'Mind'

"The mind is amazing.It is a great mystery.Very few people have been able to understand its powers and potential.It stands between an individual and the Supreme Truth and is cause of bondage and liberation. If properly trained, the mind can help us attain enlightenment,but if misguided, it can leave us in the midst of confusion and bondage.

As we all know that the mind, like the wind, can move in any direction i.e. negative or positive ,creative or destructive, and has a power of creating and weaving world of illusions around us.So peace, strife, confusion, happiness etc are all reflection of the state of mind.

The mind,therefore, has to be exercised daily, just as the body, in order to discipline it.As we are aware, our mind is the source of thought energy and thoughts emerge ceaselessly and create worlds of its own. It becomes, therefore, important not only to control it but to divert its energies to positive and constructive direction.The mind has to be reminded continuously that world out side is unreal and ever changing. Human body is also perishable.Pursuit of this world will only bring sorrow and emptiness.Once it realises the fallacious belief about the ever changing world, it starts becoming aligned with the self within.Once this happens, positive and nobler feelings of love and compassion start emanating from the mind and this is the sign that our higher self, i.e. the soul, is now in control of our being."

20 comments:

  1. WoW, amazing post Surjit. Kamaal kar ditta ji!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chandan, for nice words.Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are something sending me alerts LOL

    Off to Berlin but before I go...

    I am fascinated by the workings of the mind and have examined it in great depth. The mind is so unpredictable of course but as you said we can train our minds and have better control so as to focus and accomplish our goals.

    Thanks for such an interesting post, come visit me(!) and see you when I am back from Berlin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, great post Surjit. While our pages are on different topics, I can't help but see where they overlap.

    I just posted in Bryan-Baker Dot Com Blog saying

    "It seems some people read so little they have rickets of the mind, while the smartest and most interesting people I've ever met are avid readers."

    I'm going to add you to my blogroll. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks tisha, for your kind words and adding your experiences to my post.I wish you best of journey and stay.Happy Blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your post, bryan baker.It is an excellent write up.Many thanks for your support, motivation and adding link.I shall do the same.Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The statement about reading is very true, as I give tests to determine vocational aptitude and I can tell who reads and who doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks amymeacham, for your comments.Good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is no true saying than this. Mind is really amazing. Because of it’s two components, the knower and Dour. When knower overcomes the dower, a being becomes more serene and calm. Great work Surjit. I like your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Mahesha, for nice words and adding your valuable experienced views to my post.You participation is really a motivating factor for me.Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. For sure! You know I really think that television has really hurt mankind for this reason. Not that it's television's fault but rather mankind's for getting lazy and wasting to much time in front of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks desiree, for sharing your views.Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post. I also feel that we shd think of the trilogy of mind, body and soul.

    Mind, Body and Soul are interdependent. One needs the other two to thrive.

    Each has its strength and weakness. While the mind is powerful and has the ability to understand and coordinate it can also run like a monkey difficult to restrain.

    The body is an amazing gift. Despite advances in Science it is difficult to replicate the heart, the veins, the nerves, the stomach, pancreas, intestines, et al. But it easily gives in to negative thoughts. Mind overpowers matter easily.

    The soul is all powerful. But as is said in the Tao, that which speaks doesn't know and what knows doen't speak. So the mind and the body take advantage of Soul's silence to have their own playground.

    Together they can be powerful. Alone they can win some battles but not the war.

    How to bring the three musketeers together??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Ranjan, for your insightful comments.You fully understand the crux of human beings existence and their search to coordinate the Triune.I value your comments.Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mind is perception and not reality.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I posted a new blog and would like you to participate if possible.
    Online Revenue.

    Thanks. If you know anyone who is eligible to participate I'd really appreciate you sending them my way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes my friend, ole blue,you are absolutely right.Thanks for sharing your valuable views.Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Bryan, for information.I shall definitely check up.Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Harshal,for nice words.Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete